Water analysis results in Latvia show that in many places water quality does not meet drinking water quality standards. One of the most common problems is high concentrations of iron and manganese ions. This problem can be observed not only in Latvia but also in the Baltic countries and generally in borehole water.
If there is too much iron and manganese in the water, they produce red or reddish-brown deposits on surfaces that are in regular contact with such water. The content of iron and manganese in water creates deposits on washed clothes, plumbing equipment, dishes and water can also have an unpleasant, metallic taste. In the pipeline system, iron and manganese contribute to the gradual clogging of the pipelines, reducing water flow and pressure. The standard set in Latvia for the concentration of iron and manganese in centralized water supply systems is 0.2 mg/l iron and 0.05 mg/l manganese.
In order to reduce the content of iron and manganese in the water to a minimum or to eliminate it altogether, water iron removal filters should be used in water supply systems.
We offer several types of water iron removal equipment for different needs - for private use on your property, for business, for utility and municipal water providers. We recommend the most suitable solution, taking into account the parameters of the specific object, user needs, water analysis and other conditions.
Types of iron removal equipment or filters:
- With reagent - water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters that require a reagent (potassium permanganate or salt tablets NaCl) to ensure the operation of the filter material. It helps the iron to oxidize and turns it into small particles that are removed from the water with the filtering material.
- Reagent-free - iron removal filters that uses a special filter material with a high degree of filtration that removes the already oxidized iron and other mechanical particles.
- Water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters with aeration method - untreated water is aerated with oxygen. Iron, manganese and mechanical impurities form small precipitates that can be filtered through the filter material placed in the filter. For example, quartz sand is used as a filter material. The filters are rinsed regularly at regular intervals depending on the pollution and water consumption.
Basic construction components of a standard water iron removal device:
- Pressure tank with the filtering material - performs filtration and accumulation of dirt;
- Automatic rinsing control unit - performs automatic rinsing of the filter material;
- Air pillow - The water first passes through an air pillow so that water reacts with the air and oxidizes the dissolved iron which is then filtrated by the filtering material
- WATEX CMB series - automatic aeration type water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters for private houses, summer houses, guest houses, small apartment buildings. They are reagent-free equipment designed to purify water from iron, manganese, odors, turbidity and arsenic. The equipment is easy to install and operate. Their service life is more than 10 years with yearly filter maintanances and filter material changes after 5-7 years. A natural, environmentally friendly filtration process that does not degrade water quality.
- WATEX RCMB series - based on the aeration method with an separate air compressor and additional pressure tank where the air is pressed inside. These water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters are made for situations in which the dissolved particles need longer contact time with air to precipitate. The models in this series are designed to purify water from turbidity, dissolved and oxidized iron, manganese and unpleasant odors. It is mainly used in groundwater or centralized water supply systems in private homes. The equipment is easy to install and operate. Their service life is more than 10 years with yearly filter maintanance and filter material changes every 5-7 years.
- WATEX CMG series - water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters with a reagent (potassium permanganate), which provides stable and relatively high iron content purification from water. The operation is based on Greensand Plus catalytic filter material. The filter material oxidizes the iron in the water and accumulates it in the filter. The iron removal filter is automatically regenerated (rinsed) to remove the accumulated iron. During regeneration, a reagent is used that restores the ability of the filter material to oxidize iron. The equipment is equipped with an electronic CLACK WS1 (USA) control unit that controls automatic regeneration process. All information is retained on the control unit even in the event of a power failure.
- WATEX FA series - these water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters are intended for industrial use. The principle of operation is based on aeration and filtration. When raw water is aerated, iron, manganese and mechanical impurities form small deposits that can be filtered. The suspended solids are filtered through the filter material placed in the filter. Aqua Mandix filter material and quartz sand with different grain sizes are used for water purification. The filters are rinsed regularly at regular intervals depending on the pollution and water consumption. After rinsing, the filters are ready for water treatment again. In addition, these water iron removal devices or water iron removal filters are equipped with an automatic control unit with an LCD display, in which certain parameters can be set. The system is compatible with SCADA. It can be supplemented with a GSM notification system, rinsing of filters according to the amount of water consumed, loosening of filter material with an air blower or compressor. According to the customer's needs, the equipment is fully assembled at the factory.
- high quality locally produced water iron removal equipment or water iron removal filters;
- components used are from world leading water treatment component producers
- easy to install and to maintain the equipment;
- service life of more than 10 years;
- warranty and post-warranty service;
- responsive customer service.